Archive for the ‘Distance Education’ Category
A. Flexible Learning: Online Certification and learning provides great flexibility of attending online sessions, online classes as per your time and convenience . It provides you great flexibility to continue your classes and learning during your busy schedules as well
B. Cost Effective: Major advantage of online learning or certification is associated with less fee structure. In today’s world majority of classroom based courses for management, advance engineering, soft skills enhancement are becoming costly as there is cost related to managing institute infrastructure, quality teachers and limited capacity of classrooms.Online learning removes such barriers and provides opportunity to enhance your skills in budgeted cost.
C. Certification: Current competitive world of professionals demand additional qualifications at every step of the career. Online certification provides opportunity to learn and earn certificate in online mode.
D. Working Professionals: Online Certifications are useful for working professionals who are looking to enhance competency and skill sets by learning new skills related to business management, domain expertise in finance, marketing, retail, manufacturing etc.
Online learning also provides flexibility which is essential when you are working and would like to continue your education.
Some of the Online certifications also have facility to interact with trainer using various tools including live chat, discussion forums. Such technology tools can remove limitations of no direct physical face to face interaction of online learning. Online learning is essential for the country like India where there is shortage of skilled teachers. Students from rural India can also get access to quality teaching material using technology of online learning.
Assessment is crucial aspect of the learning. Exams are conducted to check learning competency level of the candidate.Technology in assessment has just started to make its ground in India and it is gaining momentum as online assessments are 100% accurate and results are also generated with immediate effect.
North Maharashtra University’s Institute of Distance Education and Learning (IDEAL) launched distance education admission process using ePravesh® platform
North Maharashtra University Jalgaon has launched many undergraduate and post graduate programs with focus on working professionals to continue their education in distance education mode. This move is certainly going to help thousands of students, housewives, working professionals who would like to complete their post graduation or graduation while continuing their work. All the course contents have been exclusively prepared by experienced faculty of university along with some professionals experts in their respective fields.
In case of post graduation there are extensive options available in case of Master of Arts, MA in Education (which is considered as equivalent of M Ed), LLM (Advance post graduation in Law field) and Counselling Psychology (which will be very useful for the teachers, professionals of education sector).
IDEAL has launched distance education courses starting with 10 courses in undergraduate and post graduate category and vast array of courses will be added so that students, working professionals can study in many segments including animation, arts, commerce, management etc. Apart from advantage of opting for flexible learning option Fees associated with those distance education is also reasonable and it is affordable to most common applicants of the region.
Admission process is conducted online paperless way with the use of robust platform of ePravesh ®. Online admission process platform of ePravesh has provided flexibility to people to apply from their home with simplified admission process and even during exam process applicants can apply online and can download hall ticket from cyber cafe of home internet. Online admission process is certainly going to save lot of time of individuals and this is great step by North Maharashtra University to use technology in betterment of the crucial admission process of distance education course.
It is an innovative online platform for education. Students and parents can visit the portal and submit online application forms of various institutes along with making online payment of form fee. This saves a lot of time for them as they are able to submit multiple application forms of various institutes from a single online portal. Today, many institutes along with some universities are using ePravesh.com to manage their pre admission process in an effective paperless manner.
About North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon (NMU):
The North Maharashtra University is one of the upcoming universities in India, the university was established on 15th August, 1990 under the Maharashtra University Act No. XXIX of 1989 as a teaching and affiliating University. It actually started its academic and administrative activities under the leadership of Prof. Dr. N. K. Thakare, the first Vice Chancellor of the university, from academic year 1991-92. The jurisdiction of North Maharashtra University is spread over three districts of North Maharashtra i.e. Jalgaon, Dhule and Nandurbar.
The university was shifted to its own campus in 1995.The university is situated on the banks of river “Girna” and the campus of the university is spread over a hilly terrain of 650 acres of land. The university is approximately 10Kms away from the Jalgaon city. The pollution free hilly terrain provides natural ambience which creates a perfect environment for study. All Departments are equipped with all modern facilities, required by students/visitors.
The university is imparting education to students, through various courses at under graduate, post graduate, doctoral and post doctoral level, under 09 faculties, which includes Science, Engg. & Technology , Education , Medicine & Pharmacy , Ayurvedic Medicine , Arts & fine arts, Commerce and Management, Mental, Moral & Social Sciences, Law faculty .
In a very short period of time the university has gained name and fame on National and International levels. This university has also acquired the prestigious 2(f) & 12(b) recognition from the UGC. The university has been accredited with four star status duly honoured by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore. When NAAC committee assessed the functioning of the teaching and non teaching departments of the University and awarded the 4 star status in 2001.
Anant is working professional in the multinational company. He has completed is graduation in Engineering. After working for around 4 years he realized that in order to grow professionally and on personal front to acquire certain competencies he need to somehow continue his education. He was unable to continue for PG due to financial condition.
But after completion of 4 years in the professional world, Anant is dreaming to fulfil that dream of pursuing MBA. Today lot of innovation has happened and thanks to technology penetration and advancement there are options of Distance Education. Professionals like Anant can easily fulfil the dream of MBA by doing some innovative sector specific course which can help him in promotion and achieving certain competencies.
Major advantage of Distance Education is flexibility as study, exam time table, curriculum is flexible. With advancement in technology most of the queries can be solved over online journals, online discussion with teachers. Another aspect of distance education is topics or subjects which are available for the study. Distance Education in MBA can provide many new topics for study including wealth management, piping design, project management , Energy management.
In terms of cost as well it provides better return on investment for education. Distance education is cost effective as compared to full time programs. Professionals need not have to leave existing job but can study over weekends to complete MBA education.
Working professionals in India looking for multiple career opportunities using education as powerful medium. Industry knowledge is expanding rapidly and in order to be in sync with the latest knowledge organization’s are promoting individuals/employees to learn new things through professional courses. It certainly helps individual to get promoted in the organization due to knowledge acquired by such courses.
1. Project Management: This is one of the most popular option available for working professional. Project Management Institute (PMI) and UK based institutes have come up with certification examination in the area of project management.
Project management is very large topic which covers different aspect of managing project, processes and activities around project.Professionals from various sectors like IT, Telecom, Manufacturing, Retail, Finance are giving importance to this course.
Even employers are giving preference to the candidates with such certification during hiring/promotion.
2. Executive MBA : US, Europe trend is catching India as well. Employers are giving preference to people with prior work experience with MBA degree. Even education institutes are attracting candidate with prior work experience for their MBA program. IIM, XLRI and other management institutes have also come up with innovative courses for the working executives.
3. CISA: (Certified Information System Auditor) : This is emerging course having new trends , technology related to information security auditing mechanism. This is attractive course for professionals working in the area of banking,finance, information technology and allied services.
Information security auditing has becoming important aspect of any organization as IT is driving force for organization. IT is no longer remained as support activity. Take example of telecom, their billing system is the heart of their revenue engine, any errors would lead to significant impact to their top line. Similarly for bank any IT auditing error would result in errors.
This course is recommended to professionals who would like to be on fast track of information system and auditing frameworks.
More details are at: http://www.isaca.org
Exams are conducted across various centers across multiple cities. Exams are generally conducted in June and December of each year.
4. CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst): This course is mainly for the finance people. It covers almost all aspects of the finance sector. It has multiple levels of certification. Exams are conducted across various centers across multiple cities. Exams are generally conducted in June and December of each year.
5. Distance Education: Fastest emerging option for professionals who are looking for flexibility in the course duration, exams timings, course structure, curriculum flexibility. Technology of eLarning is playing crucial role in such education. Distance Education is going to be the norm in the coming years.
7. ITIL Foundation: ITIL foundation is popular in the IT services industry. It is divided in mainly 2 sections Service Support and Service Delivery.
More Details can be found out at: http://www.itilfoundation.org/
8. CAPM (Certified Associated in Project Management)
As a vision of ePravesh, we would be bringing multiple education options and you can enroll to it by applying online , communicating with the certification authority. So keep checking ePravesh.com professional education section!!!!!
Technology advancement is certainly helping us in various ways. In case of education as well there is innovation in terms of learning new courses. Distance education is becoming one of the preferred ways of learning for working executives.Higher education is becoming important factor for career advancement, enhancement of skillset, improving competencies of the individual. Following are some of the points should be considered while selecting any distance education course
1. Approval By Distance Education Council of India: One must check of institute and its distance education course is recognized by Distance Education Council of India (DEC India). DEC India has some of the parameters to certify distance education course. Such certification certainly providing strong value for distance education course.
2. Industry Specific Course: Distance education course should be with specialization in your area of expertise and it should help you in career advancement. If you are working in manufacturing organization then courses like operations management, piping design, financial management would help you to advance in your professional career.
3. Industry aligned Syllabus: Syllabus of any distance education course has to be in accordance with latest trends in the industry.It would be major advantage for distance learning course with up to date syllabus which would prove better than full time course whose syllabus is out of date.Example : In case of finance, stock market related course , it should include all the latest changes ,regulations implemented by SEBI , SEC and other stock exchange governing bodies.
In case of Energy Management course ,it should include all the latest trends, topics discussed in Copenhagen summit, Global Warming, alternate energy source, current trends in new renewable energy sources etc
4. Flexibility in Education : Distance Education Course should provide flexibility for working executives to manage studies while working. In terms of appearing for the exam , you should always check flexibility options provided by the institute.
5. Technical and other support: Distance Education Institute should be able to provide support for various queries, operational support and help so that student should not face any trouble during the course.
Do you consider any other factor crucial for right distance education course ?