Archive for the ‘Foreign Education Investment’ Category
1. Could you tell us in brief about the Focus Consultants & it’s objective?
We at FOCUS firmly believe that every student comes with individual capabilities and aptitudes. Our approach therefore is student-oriented and customized to suit that student’s requirements. Individual attention helps carve the right career path that’s tailor-made for the student.
To evolve into a multi-dimensional organization that aims at creating career solutions for students by exploring their potential as well as providing global guidance for further education in India or abroad.
We realize that dreams come with a deadline; therefore it is important to proceed at the right time. We step in to catalyze this process for both the student and the parents, thereby making quicker and easier for them. We not only give counseling inputs, but our aptitude tests help identify the student’s true potential. We have experts from the education industry who are updated with the current scenarios and can provide both good advice and solutions.
2. As we understand from the discussion your approach is different, could you please elaborate on the same?
FOCUS is professional education counseling organization, especially for students who want to pursue global career. Going abroad to study is a long process involving various steps and procedures. We aim at clarifying this process for the student, so as to enable good education opportunities without undue wastage of time.
A student registered with Focus can avail the assistance provided for the following points.
- Career Counselling – OIP
- Course Selection
- Country Selection
- University Selection
- SOP and Recommendations Assistance
- Visa Guidance and Support
- Visa Orientation
- Bank Loans
- Travel Arrangements
- Pre-departure Orientation
- Banking Requirements
We also provide guidance about the Finance involved. We help in getting a clearer idea of all the expenses that are involved in the process- direct as well as peripheral.
3. Could you please let our readers know more about Occupational Interest profiling test?
If you think about it, your career is one of the most important aspects of your life. Throughout your adult years, you will probably spend more time working than doing any other single activity. A productive and fulfilling career can significantly contribute to one’s personal happiness.
The decision of choosing one’s career is the most important one of our lives. Yet, often it is made on the basis of unrealistic professional aspirations, inadequate knowledge, parental and societal pressures and emotional factors that should rightly be irrelevant to this decision. It is not surprising, therefore, that many people find themselves in careers that have little to do with their aptitude, skills and desires.
For many people, choosing a career or career related education can be a frustrating and anxiety producing experience. It needn’t be so. There are more than One Thousand careers to choose from, out of which you could easily discover that you have an interest in and aptitude for an exciting position you never knew existed.
Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of jobs go unfilled because the public is not aware of those jobs or careers. Whether you are a prospective college student searching for a specialization that will lead you to the right career, a high school student seeking a technological or craft vocation, or an adult dissatisfied with the present occupation and wanting to switch, the art of self-discovery can assist you in your decision making process.
4. What are the benefits of OIP test to Students, Parents & to the education institutes?
Whatever your present situation, you know that the decision you’re about to make is too important to leave to luck, a whim, or what your best friend thinks you should do. You’ll find a professional system here that really works; one that will give you a new, decisive, and exciting way to clearly view yourself, to determine your career strengths and to set appropriate goals. You’ll have a much better sense of which careers are apt to be the most satisfying and rewarding. After using our system you will be well on the way to making one of the best decisions of your life – choosing the career that is most likely to guarantee your success. We want to help you select a career rather than settle for one.
5. As we understand these days OIP is extensively used by corporate world as well – your comments?
It provides an in-depth assessment of a person’s strengths and development needs and is a powerful tool enabling you to select the right person for key positions in any organization. These describe an individual’s typical interpersonal behavior, thinking style and ways of coping with stress. Extended reports include preferred Team Roles, Leadership, Subordinate and Selling Styles, and Career Themes. Reports focusing on competencies and emotional intelligence are also available. Customized reports can be developed to focus on factors critical to any organisation. Interview prompts to further explore the match and mismatch between the individual and role requirements are also available. It not only helps to improve employee retention rate but also helps to improve their outputs.
6. What advice you would like to offer to students & the parents who wish to pursue their education in USA, the UK, Australia & New Zealand?
How, when, where? Focus has all the answers, when it comes to an education abroad. The various technical issues in the procedure of involve important decision-making and active measures for accomplishing the desired course within a specific time. This makes the whole procedure faster, simpler and easier.
A detailed process of the student’s journey with us is as under-
- Counselling and Registration
- Short listing the university /college
- Submission of Documents (Hard Copies)
- Apply to the Universities
- Preparation of Exams like IELTS, TOFEL, GRE
- Receive application status updates
- Admission Letter /Offer Letter Universities
- Bank Loan Process
- Accepting the offer letter / paying the deposit
- Preparation for VISA with all documents like Financial & other mandatory details.
- Submit the Visa application
- Tracking Visa Application
- Pre-Departure briefing
If you are thinking to go to USA, UK for your MS, post graduation then it is important to explore various options for funding your education. Apart from Bank Loan, personal Fund, money from relative here are some of the ways which can really help you to earn while you are doing your studies in the foreign countries.
1) Scholarship can be explained as reward or incentive given by university or some other entity because of your excellent performance in career till now. This can be in form of money given to you monthly / semester wise or annual or can be in form of reduction of fees.This is the best funding you can get. Simple reason is you don’t need to do anything extra while finishing your studies. You don’t need to worry about money and you can easily concentrate on study. Explore all generic scholarship options along with university specific options. If you have very good profile you can always apply for scholarships.
2) Research assistance ship: All major universities get money from government / private institutes for research in specific areas. Usually this money is distributed to professors depending on their expertise and needs. As research is complex and time critical ,professors need assistance for some specific tasks. Students can get selected if they have exposure in that area. This assistance has dual advantage. You get money for the work you do and also you get to work in area you like of course learning under professor is very good for your career in research. To get this assistance ship, check while applying to university what research is going on in that university and whether you can get any part in that. In fact, this is one of the criteria for selection of university for many.
3) Teaching assistance ship: If you are applying for masters you can get chance for teaching assistance ship. There will be some tasks such as taking practical sessions/ conduct tests / take classes for some specific area where professors need help. If you have good communication skills you should apply for this assistance. Teaching assistance ship is easy to get in bigger university where there are lot of undergraduate courses so consider that while applying.
4) General assistance ship: There are lot of clerical / administrative jobs available at university such as librarian, data entry, admission process handling. If you have some past experience in information technology, you can get some in house IT tasks. Here also major university where variety of tasks are performed is best option for assistance ship.
5) On campus job: In case you don’t get any form of assistance ship you can try for on campus job which will help in paying at least your regular expenses. On campus job include variety of tasks ranging from cafeteria to mail delivery.
6) Summer internship: whether you get assistance ship or not, summer internship is always important way of raising money. For all major universities , there will be holidays in summer and that is best time to get part time job. This not only gives you working experience but also increases chances of getting permanent job to great extent. Applying for internship is online now everywhere and reference help a lot. To get internship it helps if your university is in area where lot of industrial firms are present.
India is also picking up in terms of internship opportunities for the students . This will help to create similar scenario like USA, UK and concept of earning while learning would become useful to fund your education.
Population of India is around 1.15 billion, nearly 15 to 18% of the total world population constitutes India. Out of this nearly 40 to 50% population is with the age group of 0 to 20 years age. This age group is looking for quality education which includes everything pre primary, high school, secondary, college, higher education, professional course. Everyone requires good education and there is scarcity of good education infrastructure in the India.
Recently India cleared foreign varsities bill. This bill would open up opportunities in education investment for VC Funds, foreign institutes. India can become center /hub of education in South Asia and can become attractive destination of Middle east, African students.
Recently Dubai has come up with Free Zone for education sector. Many foreign institutes from UK, India, Australia have opened their campuses in Dubai Academic City. It is providing them direct access to potential student base of UAE expat population.Many Indian institutes have opened campus in the Dubai recently.
Similarly India can become center for all the education needs of people in India as well as around India. It can bring more investment, jobs,infrastructure.
Hopefully we will see many good institutes from other nations with their own campuses in India very soon.
Education sector is happening space in the Indian context. More and more number of students looking for the higher education, professional education. Current Indian infrastructure is unable to provide quality education to all such aspirants. As a result of which quality of graduates passing out from Indian education institutes is falling.
Foreign direct investment (FDI) in the education would certainly provide platform to build infrastructure related to education. Changes in education sector would not happen overnight. It would be wrong to assume that after entry of foreign universities, things would change rapidly. It would be long term process and gradually we would be able to see positive effects of it.
India is way behind in terms of student to faculty ratio, quality of good teachers; number of aspirants who want to become teacher is very less. It would take some great efforts to increase those aspects.
We believe, Indian student, parent community should welcome FDI in education. We hope that MBA, Engineering from reputed institutes like Harward School, Standford school would not remain distinct dream for us. It will come closer to us!!!