Archive for the ‘PMP’ Category
As working professional you must be wondering how to continue your education along with continuing the job. Due to recent technological advancements there is possibility that you can attend online training courses at your flexible time and advance in your career.Technology has brought various training courses at your fingertips. You can login to the system and start study of your modules and can even get the assistance of teachers/professors for the doubts. Online training is defining new avenue of continuing your education mainly in the areas of post graduation, professional skill building, soft skills enhancement.
Today’s modern web technologies and infrastructure offers a complete platform that can make your long cherished dream of taking and continuing your education. With speed of internet is significant and cost has also reduced down, working professionals and other people who want to upgrade their skills can look for such courses which are cost effective.
1. Project Management Certification (PMP)
Project Management Professional is very popular certification among working professionals. This certification can act as platform to upgrade or get promoted in your organization in the Management arena.
Some of the institutes like DGOnline have come up with Online Preparation Courses for PMP. You can enroll online for it and start your PMP preparation. PMP exam is conducted by PMI (Project Management Institute USA). This certification includes practical questions related to day to day management. This certification can enhance your value in the organization.
2. Animation and Multimedia Courses
Animation and multimedia industry is on the rise. Usage of animation, special effects is increasing across sectors like Digital Advertisements, Television Advertisements, Films , Banners etc. There is demand for the creative and skilled professionals in this segment.So if you are passionate about animation, drawing and creative then just enroll for Online Tutorial and Course related to Animation, Multimedia. It might change your fortunes.
3. Soft Skills and English Language
Soft skills is one of the X factor in the organization for someone who reaches to the top. Every individual who wants to become leader should invest continuously in improving own soft skills, presentation skills, communication skills, email writing skills. Those skills could be key differentiation in the promotions offered by the organizations. Thanks to technology advancement, some of the courses are also available online . Online courses can provide insight into practical aspects like presentation skill, body language. Such courses are also highly cost effective so you can give it a try and add one of the certification in your profile.
Recession is hitting entire Europe. There is currency fluctuation across the world. Even Rupee is trading in the range of 50.5 to 52.5 per USD. Many economists say that this time situation might not be worse like 2008 US recession. But things are becoming unpredictable. Entire job market, employment opportunities are also going to be affected by economic downturn.You need to build additional skills to remain competitive in the employment market or to get promotion in recession period.
If you are working professional working in sectors like Manufacturing, IT, Operations, Retail having handful years of experience then you might be thinking about career progression using the experience in hand. You need to understand that along with you there are your colleagues also looking for similar career progression in the same organization. It is important for you to distinguish yourself from the crowd by following some unique steps or doing some additional professional level courses which will add value to your “Resume”
Unique Features of Project Management Course
1. You can join such course while continuing your job
2. You will require to invest your weekend or 1-2 days of the week for classroom based training
3. As you have work experience it will be easy for you to grasp knowledge of Project Management using your own organization cases
4. Doing course while working help you to apply the knowledge immediately so that you will follow systematic, process oriented approach while working on any problem or task.
Advantages of Part Time Project Management Course
1. You will be able to learn tools and techniques of Project Management
2. If you are working as associate then knowledge of project management will certain create opportunity of promotion and enhancement in career progression.
3. You will be able to appear for Project Management Certification Exams like PMP and CAPM conducted by Project Management Institute (PMI) USA.
What do you need to do for a great career? A fat pay cheque? A challenging position? Interesting work? Job satisfaction? The answer to all these questions is constant update of one’s knowledge. And part-time courses are the way to go forward to achieve all these. The benefits of full-time education is always there but if you are a student or a working professional, part-time courses can complement your existing education and make yourself industry-ready.
The simple and most obvious reason to go for part-time courses is that you don’t have to leave your school, college or your job. You can continue with what you are doing and at the same time study a latest technology or a personality development program. Part-time courses can make you an expert in the technology you are already working in because you get hands on practice on the practical as well as the theoretical aspects by an industry expert, which sometimes you don’t get to learn in a repetitive working environment. It also gives you the most coveted certification and gives you the opportunity to raise your bar before you plan to sit for the next interview. It can greatly help in the placement process if you are a student. There are many personality development courses which will make you confident in your next client meeting or official presentation that you are supposed to give.
1. Part Time MBA : Today, MBA is the most sought after degree. It gives you an entry to the corporate world. But if you are working somewhere the best thing to do is to go for a part-time MBA or Part time Professional Courses. A part-time MBA will let you experiment with the theoretical concepts in the current job that you are in. You can practically visualize – how marketing team works, challenges faced by your manager, how corporate decisions are taken; every concept learnt in the classroom can be experienced in a manner which is indispensable for you to grow. The other most distinct advantage of a part-time MBA is you can also climb up the ladder in your current organization. Most organizations do believe in succession planning and if you can show what you’ve learned you’d be in the reckoning for the next promotion.
2. Professional Certification:
In today’s world knowledge of organizational standards like ISO, BS 7799, CMM,CMMI, Six Sigma would provide great opportunity for you to climb organization Ladder. Certification Courses related to Lean Six Sigma can take your knowledge to the next level. This certification is useful for the person looking to make career in Process Consultant, Quality Consultant.
3. Project Management Certification : Project management involves many complex organizational processes and you need to have good
knowledge of Project Management processes and handson if you are looking to get promoted to Project Management level. Even for the MBA students it is recommended to go for PMP Certification which can act as an add on to their profile. Such certification is useful for the person with prior work experience and looking to make career in Project Management Vertical.
In conclusion, part-time education is a great way to build your career. Its inexpensive, you can do it at your own convenient time and most importantly it will take you on the path of a successful career. A career probably you are dreaming right now.
Article written by : Tonmoy Bhaumik
In today’s competitive world it has become essential for the working professional to keep upgraded with skillsets to stand out among the employees. Thanks to some of unique and career oriented trainings , it is possible for working professionals to pursue education while continuing on the job.
1. PMP (Project Management Professional): This certification is essential for professionals looking for the career upgradation in the management area. PMP covers basic aspects of Project Management. Person should have relevant experience in the industry and should complete 35 hours of formal training related to Project management and appear for online PMP Test.
2. CAPM (Certified Associate Project Management) This certification is crucial for entry level working professionals who want to climb management career ladder on fast track.
3. Sales Force: This is emerging Software as a Service (SAAS) platform for managing customer relationships and communication. Sales Force development, sales Force Consultancy Professionals are going to be sought after. SalesForce is becoming important tool of CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
4. ITIL: This is also great interesting area for the professionals working in software field.
5. Business Intelligence : Business Analytics, Data analysis, customer trend analysis are going to be big thing with increased competition.There are many new software tools coming up in the market. Knowledge of such tools would prove to be important skill set for working professional.
CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) is new certification examination offering from Project Management Institute (PMI).Working professionals who are part of the team, working on the role of Project Facilitator,Subject Matter Expert, Junior/Senior Team Member can be benefited from CAPM.
After completion of CAPM certification you would be able to enhance knowledge in the area of Project Management, project task management in across functional areas like customer care, marketing, business process outsourcing etc. Certifications from Project Management Institute (PMI) are recognized worldwide and it provides great help to working professional in their continuing education. Such certification is appreciated by the corporate world. It can help during promotion, appraisal process.
Another advantage of the CAPM can be ,any one with Degree, Diploma holder with or without work experience can appear for this certification and get the benefit out of it. In case of no work experience you would need to complete 23 hours of formal training of CAPM. This would provide great opportunity to professionals with less or no work experience to gain knowledge of Project Management , processes. Getting such certification in the early stage of the career can act as an catalyst for the professional. This certification is valid for the 5 year period.
For more information you can check CAPM Workshop section