How Automation for Exam Invigilation can Simplify Exam Process for Education
Examination Management is one of the important academic aspects of student life cycle. Education institutes and universities spend lot of resources to manage examination process in a smooth manner.
Traditional Exam Process has critical steps post examination process for result declaration. Many universities have set to process to declare results in 30 to 60 days time after completion of the exam.
Traditional Process of Exam Invigilation
Exam invigilation is one of the crucial component of exam management. Person would be monitoring the exam process should be present at the Examination venue on date and time of the exam. Exam invigilator need to ensure that authenticated and authorized candidate is appearing for the exam.
Now a days examination process is shifting to online mode. But exam invigilation is same process. Followng activities are managed during exam invigilation process
- Authentication of the Candidate Appearing for the Exam
Exam invigilator need to check identify/ hall ticket of the candidate. Photo and I card is verified to ensure same candidate is appearing for the exam.
- Monitoring the Candidate during Exam Process
Invigilator also need to monitor candidate during exam process.
- Prevention of malpractices during exam
Presence of invigilator prevents candidate from dong any kind of malpractice of copying.
Traditional exam process requires 1 invigilator for approximately 40 candidates . So if you are conducting large scale exam then following costs would get added to your exam management process
1.Infrastructure : Need to keep Exam center with facilities to manage exams. Candidate should be informed about location details.
- Invigilation : Assign invigilators for each exam center. Each invigilator must be present at the exam center to monitor exam activities.
- Logistics : There is significant cost for assigning invigilator and keeping examination environment ready to conduct exam.
Automated Exam Invigilation using Remote Proctoring Technology
Exam invigilation process can be automated for online exams. Candidate sitting at the remote location can be monitored using Remote Proctoring technique.
Remote Proctoring is the process to remotely authorize , authenticate and monitor candidate appearing for the exam from remote location.
Candidate can appear for online exam from any location even sitting at home. System takes control of the web camera attached. Using it system is able to monitor remote candidate and can save online streaming of user as well as entire screen activities.
Remote proctor can perform following tasks
- Online chat with the candidate : Remote Proctor can initiate online chat.
- Pause/ Resume Remote Exam : Remote Proctor can also initiate exam pause and resume for remote candidate
- Verify candidate using photo/ I Card: Remote Proctor can verify identity of the candidate appearing for the exam.
Advantages of Remote Proctoring
- It can save cost of managing exam process
- Entire Logistical activities can be eliminated for managing exam centers
- Exam Invigilation process get simplified
- System keeps log of entire activities which can help in auditing purpose.
Using Remote Proctoring you can conduct exam of any scale. Candidate sitting at any location can be tracked using remote proctoring. Candidate need not have to visit specific location or exam center. Technology can help you to simplify and scale your examination management process.
Eklavvya is an online assessment platform with support for Remote Proctoring. Many educational universities, training organisations have been using this platform to manage online exams for recruitment, selection process, entrance exam, certification exams for multiple domains. You can register and get started for your exam process along with Remote Proctoring Technology.