How to crack the CAT exam?
Although CAT (Common Admission Test) is a tough exam but thorough and focused preparation can help you crack it with ease.The ideal time to start preparing for this management entrance exam is six months prior to it. So, most of the aspirants must have already started burning their night lamps to crack the CAT.
The key to cracking CAT is constant practice and revision.It is very important for candidates to categorize the entrance exam preparation strategy. Here are some important tips which can help you to face this MBA entrance exam without any stress.
- Brush up your basics – CAT exam tests the skills of the aspirant in four main sections: Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, Logical & Analytical Reasoning and Data Interpretation. It is also a test of time management.
- Study material and text books – Follow the study material or standard text books for CAT. It is preferred to focus on single reference book for Quant, Verbal Ability and Data Interpretation and many mock papers and question banks.
- Adhere to time table, practice daily -Be strict with your schedule but your time table should also include cheat days. Don’t be too harsh on yourself.
- Mock papers -While preparing for this management entrance exam do attend the mock papers couple of times from different institutes.
- Do not panic, resort to leisure activities as well –Remember to make a balance between leisure life and studies.For the working candidates it is a bit difficult to cope up between studies and work and adding up leisure will make things messy. But do not forget that slow and steady wins the race.
- Reading newspapers and business magazines –Reading is a very sane habit to follow but itonly adds value when you do it properly. Processing of knowledge collected from reading is important to generate valuable insights.