About Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University
It is a public university located in the Patan district is one of the well reputed institutes in the Gujarat. The institute has affiliation of more than colleges, covering various courses in the fields of Science, Arts, Commerce, Law, Medicine, etc.
The university has various Under-graduate, Graduate, Post-graduate, & Phd. courses, to more than thousands of students.
Their main endeavors are directed to inculcate integrated humanism and shaping the youths to stand on their own. Basically they aim to create independent personals.
About M Phil Course
For every faculty, HNGU has decided to conduct their own CET (Central Entrance Examination). They decided to conduct the exam with online and offline approach. The main aim behind this step was the elimination of the limitation of the internet connectivity. This would give the applicants an exposure to online examinations.
The examination was supposed to be objective type with 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). It was divided into 2 sections:
Section I: Research Methodology (Subject wise) 50 MCQs for 50 Marks
Section II: Field Specific 50 MCQs for 50 Marks.
There was separate syllabus for each specified subject for Section I and Section II. Passing standards of the CET were 50% aggregate of both the sections. Later PI (Personal Interview) rounds were conducted for 30 marks.
M Phil Course has various branches and segments
|11||Library Information Science|
Following Process was used to manage online exams using local Computer System
- The examination details were downloaded in encrypted format, 30 minutes prior to the exams, using the local servers.
- Candidates were split-up and allotted certain batches with distinguished timings.
- Each batch was then connected to the local server for the online examination.
- The entire examination was conducted via intranet.
- The entire data was then synchronized with the central server after the completion of the exam . After that further processing of results was done.
- On the basis of the scores of this CET, candidates were shortlisted for the next PI (Personal Interview) round.
- The entire experiment of conducting the CET online turned out to be successful.
Our award winning platform of Eklavvya.in was able to help HNGU in saving a lot of administrative and logistical activities.
Due to the implementation of technology for the examination conduction, the cost for the exam management was reduced effectively. Holding the exams online turned out to be a great help in managing manual work and also man-power.
Two other issues were overcome by the institute:
- Reducing the risk of the paper leaking,
- Copying by candidates.
The examinations were held in an utterly transparent environment.
Entrance Examination Management
A lot of Universities in India hold their own CETs for their Graduation, Post-graduation, PhD, etc. courses. The procedure for the entrance involves
- Inviting applications from students,
- Accepting the eligible applications,
- Issuing hall tickets for the entrance exam,
- Processing of the results for the same,
- Processing the results according to the merit lists, and then shortlisting the candidates who are able to crack the exam.
Eklavvya has helped all such universities to use their technology. This helped them to simplify Entrance exams management, Online Admission Process, Fee payments etc.
Technology based implementation for entrance exam management can help university to build brand among students.
Issues faced by institutions who haven’t adapted digitization
- Manual process is time consuming. It may at times delay the submissions of the documents and the student may lose his / her seat.
- Manual process bottlenecks the entire admission process
- Even the student’s documents may get misplaced or lost.
- The institutions have to incur additional costs for record managements.
Problems faced during manual Entrance Exams
- The method of manual entrance exam which consisted of using hard copies and stuff turned out to be extremely lengthy.
- Many a times the documents were lost.
- Some students may even have missed to get their hall tickets.
- The details of the students recorded were faulty.
- Correspondence could not be made with students within their timeline.
- Delays in the generation of results.
- At times there were major errors in the results too.
- The hard copies of the examinations could get destroyed too.
- Then there are always chances of paper leaking and copying.
Hence, institutions which stuck to traditional methodologies of exam conduction face numerous problems.
Results gained by institutions who use Technology for Entrance Exam Management
- Cost of managing or conducting such exams has reduced
- Overall timeline for result processing or admission process is improved
- Satisfaction of students went to higher level due to simplification of processes
- Students were able to fill online admission form, download hall ticket and appear for entrance exams
Eklavvya has helped universities to simplify and automate examination process.
There is facility to conduct exam on mobile and tablet as well. Checkout below video to see how you can conduct exams on mobile and tablet and then it can be synced with central server.
If you are looking to conduct such exams at exam centers then you can refer below video to understand details of implementation of entrance exam at multiple citiesARVE Error: Mode: lazyload not available (ARVE Pro not active?), switching to normal mode